Saturday, December 30, 2006

K-Christmas

I know what is K-pop, K-food, K-phone and eventually even K-lifestyle (getting there, getting there...), I however had no idea what was K-Xmas. And I am not sure if todayI already know, but anyway, the way I have spent them this year was just awesome.
Yea, it is true that Xmas in Korea is more like St. Valentine's Day - well, as most of the western holidays - which means you can find red and golden in every department store, lights of similar colours in streets and in TV shows it snows every 5 minutes; in the households there are however no trees, no presents, no sweets...
So what can I say about my Xmas 2006? The story is pretty simple: My roommate that had to spend with me all last semester long ^.^ invited me into his house - first I thought it will be only for one or two days, but because none of us had any serious plans, I stayed for almost a week.
You may think that it must be pretty boring when there is nothing to celebrate; well, there are just different things what you can do on your Xmas Eve. To feel at least some Xmas spirit, we went to the City Hall to see The Tree and Cheonggyecheon. OMG! I have never ever seen so many people in one place. Imagine 50 meters wide and like one mile long street. Got it? Ok. And now imagine that there are so many people that you can't even take a step, in any direction. Huh, Seoul is just a big city...

On Monday we spent few hours at Incheon airport, because one of the family members was leaving for 6 months to NYC. Every time I went through Incheon I thought it's just one big terminal building, this time when we were ehm... looking for our car (ok, ok, how should I know that there is difference between "A3" and "3A"??) we did quite big tour around surrounding buildings - and it was really sweet. Good job Fentress Bradburn Architects!

Finally, on Tuesday night we had one more room-meeting, this time only our room (well, maybe one or two exceptions) and we didn't drink - we ate. Mhmm...

When I got back into dorm, there were great news waiting for me: I have to move again. 2 weeks ago it took me like 3 hours to move all my stuff from building B to building C, this time it will be all the way back, at least it's not into the same room... No, I am not angry, not even surprised... not anymore.

Winter Camp will start in 3 days... Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B A F
by
m a f

10:01 pm  
Blogger Henry Finn said...

:( To bad she had to leave! I will be posting my depressing ass Korean Christmas in a few days, lol. Later man,

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home