Well... autumn
What can I say? When I was a little kid everybody was telling me that life is running well too fast - and right now I'm starting to realize that it actually may be true. Just turned 23 and half (I know, not really big reason to drink your ass under the table... so I didn't), realizing that another semester of my university studies is slowly about to end.
So what has been going on in past few weeks? Couple of things:
a) meeting North Korean defector
Boci, our Hungarian-turned-Hawaiian school mate, joined this NK human rights organization and organized for us special lecture, where we had a chance to question a boy, who ran from North to South (through China). For me it was kinda controversial, especially the leaving-all-family-behind part, but this topic is really not easy to understand...
b) going to capital on Saturday night
They are saying that Seoul is really nice at night - so I did after-sunset trip to Namsan Tower, it wasn't any hard Sat nite fever, but the view was really cooool... And then, when got back by cable car to Myeong-dong, one of the biggest coincidences of this year happened. Seoul has like more then 10 million people living here and in the middle of this you meet a friend, where you met another friend a year ago - same place, same table - it doesn't happen every day. HUH! Two notices relevant to this "accident": Thank you for the dinner, it was the best 칼국수 I've ever had!! & SoHee, see you in French baguetteria soon, dare you to stay in Cali forever! ㅋㅋ
c) meeting other people from the dorm
Since most of my K-roommies are big pimps, they organized a room-meeting for last Wednesday. First half an hour was really bad since nobody was too drunk, but after that it was only better and better... and I missed my Thursday morning class. Ouch. So now I walk down the campus and I'm meeting this random people that are saying Hello to me - but have no idea, if I know them from that night...
d) visiting local City Hall
What can I say about that? Superinteresting. Asan-si, our city is currently kinda middle of nowhere (well, not really - most of the Hyundai and Samsung cars are made in the area - just trying to make explanation easier). In 5 years, there will be another 300 000 people living here, subway extended from Seoul (100 miles away), sh*t loads of new buildings, roads, shops, people... so everywhere you look, there is some massive development project. K-style rocks!
e) studying
No comment on that - but I really do!
Does this life seem boring to you?
So what has been going on in past few weeks? Couple of things:
a) meeting North Korean defector
Boci, our Hungarian-turned-Hawaiian school mate, joined this NK human rights organization and organized for us special lecture, where we had a chance to question a boy, who ran from North to South (through China). For me it was kinda controversial, especially the leaving-all-family-behind part, but this topic is really not easy to understand...
b) going to capital on Saturday night
They are saying that Seoul is really nice at night - so I did after-sunset trip to Namsan Tower, it wasn't any hard Sat nite fever, but the view was really cooool... And then, when got back by cable car to Myeong-dong, one of the biggest coincidences of this year happened. Seoul has like more then 10 million people living here and in the middle of this you meet a friend, where you met another friend a year ago - same place, same table - it doesn't happen every day. HUH! Two notices relevant to this "accident": Thank you for the dinner, it was the best 칼국수 I've ever had!! & SoHee, see you in French baguetteria soon, dare you to stay in Cali forever! ㅋㅋ
c) meeting other people from the dorm
Since most of my K-roommies are big pimps, they organized a room-meeting for last Wednesday. First half an hour was really bad since nobody was too drunk, but after that it was only better and better... and I missed my Thursday morning class. Ouch. So now I walk down the campus and I'm meeting this random people that are saying Hello to me - but have no idea, if I know them from that night...
d) visiting local City Hall
What can I say about that? Superinteresting. Asan-si, our city is currently kinda middle of nowhere (well, not really - most of the Hyundai and Samsung cars are made in the area - just trying to make explanation easier). In 5 years, there will be another 300 000 people living here, subway extended from Seoul (100 miles away), sh*t loads of new buildings, roads, shops, people... so everywhere you look, there is some massive development project. K-style rocks!
e) studying
No comment on that - but I really do!
Does this life seem boring to you?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home