Saturday, December 09, 2006

Winter changes everything

So I'm gonna try to update this page once again. How should I start? It's Saturday night and tonight I'm definitely not going out - since I still don't feel fine from Friday night. Thing that supposed to be just small chat over one beer turned into pretty heavy drinking. I must say, not my fault! It somehow happened that we were accompanied with a bottle of Hungarian alcoholic product - and you can imagine it was playing hard. First time I fell asleep in EZS tho...
Anyway, it was kind of refreshing, because all next week there are going to be Finals from the entire subjects you can imagine. So right now head is perfectly clean and ready for some major knowledge intake. This has been happening since like an hour ago. Have to write few papers, learn new vocabulary, and answer some exam questions and look forward to Thursday and final dinner with faculty.

Last weekend was probably my last trip of this semester to Seoul, I totally forgot about one museum (Seoul Museum of Art), and so I and few of my favourite schoolmates went there last Saturday. Pretty cool, I must say. I always thought that modern art is not my cup of tea, but this one, The 4th Seoul International Media Art Biennale called Dual Realities, was really interesting. Seriously. And interactive enough too.

Walking around Seoul made me however realize one thing, that Xmas is coming. Again. No, really, why it can't be only every 4 years? I guess people would die in that case... Even in Korea, where Xmas are probably the most unimportant holidays of the year, trees are covered with lights of all colours of rainbow, it becomes much easier to get allergy to red, and if you think this country is overcrowded you probably haven't been to Lotte Duty Free Department Store in December.

Speaking of Xmas, this year they are going to be very special (or different, if meaning is not the same), because I'll stay here until end of January. Uni offered me a job as TA in Winter Camp, and I am hoping that it will be lots of fun - and that it will also help me somehow stabilize my financial situation... There should be few of us staying in Sinchang because of similar reasons, some teachers should be around too, Mr. Lee will be open, and plans are still about to be made. I'd love to have old fashion Xmas with carols, TV tales, carp, Xmas tree, tons of sweets and chocolate, but I guess all this will have to be postponed to February. Cuz that will be the time when I'll return to Europe (don't know where exactly, hoping for some wine&cheese region;)

That's about it for now... peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home