National Teachers Day
This is what Wikipedia says: "In the Czech Republic, Teachers' Day (Den učitelů) is a non-official holiday, celebrated on March, birthday of Jan Ámos Komenský (Comenius). Children are expected to bring their teachers flowers. Public officials use this day to show appreciation to the profession and reward best teachers." So far the theory.
The reality was slightly different. I had to wake up at 7:30 (!), went to school, where I was... gosh, it wasn't even 8 (!!! has that ever happened?), and together with the other members of Students Union we 'got straight on with the job'...
That means we had to distribute 200 - yes, two hundred - primroses to the teachers in classes. Iin the end it was quite cool, some of the cantors were even touched (I guess just because they had a mess in their calendars - there are not two countries in this world that would celebrate this holiday on the same day, are there?)
After that there was this guy from Ministry of Industry and Trade giving us the lecture about the Chinese economy (which was chin-cha che-mi-i-so-yo), and in the evening I had a presentation on "Essentials of E-mail Marketing" - the reason why I haven't slept for more than 4 hours a night since Saturday...
To make this week even more doomed, as a Student Union members, we do a survey about foreign language classes between all the who-knows-how-many-thousands students. It seems that some of our freshmen don't even have the abilities to tick few boxes. Who knows... I just hope the results will be evaluated and implemented properly... (I want my Korean classes! :)
So that's it. Three days in the east and away, tomorrow hopefully...
The reality was slightly different. I had to wake up at 7:30 (!), went to school, where I was... gosh, it wasn't even 8 (!!! has that ever happened?), and together with the other members of Students Union we 'got straight on with the job'...
That means we had to distribute 200 - yes, two hundred - primroses to the teachers in classes. Iin the end it was quite cool, some of the cantors were even touched (I guess just because they had a mess in their calendars - there are not two countries in this world that would celebrate this holiday on the same day, are there?)
After that there was this guy from Ministry of Industry and Trade giving us the lecture about the Chinese economy (which was chin-cha che-mi-i-so-yo), and in the evening I had a presentation on "Essentials of E-mail Marketing" - the reason why I haven't slept for more than 4 hours a night since Saturday...
To make this week even more doomed, as a Student Union members, we do a survey about foreign language classes between all the who-knows-how-many-thousands students. It seems that some of our freshmen don't even have the abilities to tick few boxes. Who knows... I just hope the results will be evaluated and implemented properly... (I want my Korean classes! :)
So that's it. Three days in the east and away, tomorrow hopefully...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home